We have been promoting community sports to encourage the public to participate in various types of sports activities and develop a strong sporting culture in the community, helping them develop a healthy lifestyle.
Promotion of sports in the community accounted for a majority of the Government's recurrent expenditure on sports development. In 2022-23, about $6 billion or 84% of our recurrent expenditure on sports development will be used to promote sports in the community.
The CSTB and other government departments as well as related organisations, including the LCSD, the Department of Health, the Education Bureau, the Sports Federation & Olympic Committee of Hong Kong, China (SF&OC), the Hong Kong Paralympic Committee (HKPC), national sports associations (NSAs), district sports associations, other sports organisations and schools provide a wide range of community sports activities at various levels, encouraging people of different backgrounds, age groups, abilities and interests to participate in sports activities regularly, so as to promote the culture of “Sport for All”.
- Recreation and Sports Programmes
- District Sports Programmes Funding Scheme
- Sports Subvention Scheme
- Promotion of School Sports
(a) School Sports Programme
(b) School Sports Promotion Coordinators
(c) Student Athlete Support Scheme
(d) Opening up School Facilities for Promotion of Sports Development Scheme
(e) Schools Sports Competitions
- Territory-wide Physical Fitness Survey for the Community
- Development of Football in Hong Kong
- Promotion of Sports for Persons with Disabilities
- Five-Year Development Programme for Team Sports
- Sir David Trench Fund for Recreation (Main Fund)
- Arts and Sport Development Fund (ASDF) (Sports Portion)